Meteor Tools for Visual Studio integrates the amazing framework of Meteor in to our favourite Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment. Providing developers with Templates, Language Syntax Highlighting, Debugging, and much much more.
Meteor is an open-source platform for building top-quality web apps in a
fraction of the time, whether you're an expert developer or just getting started.
- Live page updates. Just write your templates. They automatically update when data in the database changes. No more boilerplate redraw code to write. Supports any templating language.
- Clean, powerful data synchronization. Write your client code as if it were running on the server and had direct access to the database. No more loading your data from REST endpoints.
- Latency compensation. When a user makes a change, their screen updates immediately — no waiting for the server. If the server rejects their request or executes it differently, the client is patched up with what actually happened.
- Hot Code Pushes. Update your app while users are connected without disturbing them. When you push a new version, the new code is seamlessly injected into each browser frame in which the app is open.
- Fully self-contained application bundles. One command to compile your entire application into a tarball. Unpack it anywhere there's node.js, run one command, and you're on the air. You're never locked into a particular hosting provider; you have all the
code for the platform.
- Interoperability. You can connect anything to Meteor, from native mobile apps to legacy databases to Arduinos. Just implement the simple DDP protocol.
- Smart Packages. Meteor's Smart Packages are actually little programs that can inject code into the client or the server, or even hook into the bundler to pre-process your source. Great care has been taken to give the core Meteor packages the minimal set
of dependencies, so you can use your favourite templating, testing, or DOM manipulation frameworks.